September 20, 2010

Double Rope Braids

My girlie's hair is just getting oh so long! I can't get her to cut it. I think she would look darling in a bob but she loves her long locks too much so we opted for layers, or "lazers", as she call them. She went up to our hair dresser & said will you cut Lazers in my hair? He looked at me like what???? Layers. They are long layers so it gives enough texture that when we curl it - it holds better & looks better. Also, because they are longer, when we braid or pull her hair up - the layers aren't sticking out with every braid.

So here's our new post:

Start by dividing the hair in half horizontally. Clip the top part up.
Begin to TWIST braid the hair. Unfortunately, I cannot find the tutorial that I have put up here on how to do this twist - so looks like there will be one coming soon. If you haven't learned this twist braid - you will love it - it seems to be a constant in our home.
Next, twist the top section - bringing the 2 together to make a side pony
I pulled the pony 1/2 thru an elastic. This left a good way for me to do a messy bun. I then pinned in to let the bun take it's shape how I wanted it.
I then curled the ends that were left hanging
& you're finished!!

front/top view

15 comments:

cata said...

Really know what you mean, both my girls have hair down to their waist and it gets harder to do hairdos, especially the messy buns or buns, and neither want to cut it,
love the hairdo, and your little girls is such a cutie pie.

Karli K. said...

So cute! I love it!

Aww, let her keep it long :) I had long hair my whole childhood and really liked it. No lazers (lol!) or anything, eventually I got tired of it, but it wasn't until college! Now I go in stages of really long and semi long (shoulder length) hair. Not everyone can grow their hair as long as your daughter's! Let her love it's length! :D

Besides, when you can do it up as darling as you do, long hair is so versatile! She's lucky to have you.

Not to mention it's cheaper for you - not having to get her hair cut all the time. AND... sooo many little girls have bobs right now! Your daughter's hair is beautiful and unique! All the other little girls in school are going to go home to their moms asking for hair like hers! :) (well, at least 'do's like your daughters!)

shandieleigh518 said...

OMG i was so excited to see u posted! lol i go thru withdrawals, but i keep telling myself u obv have a life...i kno if i had a blog i wouldnt b posting very often either haha.

very cute do! please do a tutorial on this braid... i have done it ONCE and cant seem to figure it out again lol thanks!

kylee said...

So I know how to do the twist braid but how do you do the french twist braid? I'll definitely be waiting for that one!

Browns said...

Yay! You posted! I was so excited to see a new post. Love the hairdo and your blog.

Unknown said...

yay! i am so happy google found your blog for me! i have 2 little girls 4 1/2 and 7 1/2 (the half is very important!) they love hair styles and had me do everything in their american girl hairstyle book and i was fresh out of ideas.... until now! super cute blog, newest follower!

~selina

Momma of 4 said...

I love this hair do! It is beautiful! As is your daughter. :)

indian said...

She is looking so cut.i like this style this is really good and unique.i try this style in my sis hair.
indian hair extensions

Mandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandie said...

You have some awesome ideas, thank you so much for sharing! My daughters hair is not long but is thick, I love the twist style that separates into top and bottom sections. Now if only I could learn the messy bun I will be set!

Kim Simon said...

This article is very informative and a good source of hairstyle tips foe long and silky hairs. Thank for this great information....

bbhairextensions.com said...

I'm glad that I have full thick hair and don't need extensions.
Sometimes having lots of super thick hair is a pain in the butt,
but I just can't ever imagine paying so much for some hair extensions.
Remy Indian Hair Extensions and I am very happy with the hair.

lollipoopmonster said...

cuuute! what's the occasion? I saw this post at interest. awesome braids you got there little girl :)

blonde hair extensions


Tangled Hair Techs said...

This is such a beautiful hairstyling site. You really do great and creative work on your "girlie's" hair.

If you ever have any problems with her hair getting tangled after taking out the twist braid styles-just use the Take Down Remover Cream.

It will protect her lovely hair.

William said...

thank you so much for sharing beautiful hairstyles Good Hairstyle