December 11, 2009

I know these are really called topsy tails - but I like to call them tuck under knots. Most of you by now know how to do the tuck under knots. So this is just puffy braids on each side with each one a tuck under knot. Super easy to do. Sometimes - I get sick of curling the ends, or doing messy buns - I just wanted the tuck under knots to go all the way down.
Start at the top & after each elastic, do your tuck under knot & then go on to the next.
I did 3 going down the head on both sides.
Once you do 3, you've got your 2 piggy tails left. Continue with the tuck under knots on the pony tail until as far down as you want to go.


& we're finished. This would work on long or short - even if you just went once or twice down with short hair. It's super easy & pretty fast when we're in a hurry to be going somewhere.
front/slide view
You could even add some ribbons at the end but she's starting to not like bows as much. I even thought about threading ribbon through back & forth to make it look more christmasee - maybe we'll try it later & post it to see how it looks.

9 comments:

cata said...

soo cute!! I just love that she has long hair, my 2 girls also have long hair and always trying to do different things on them.
Thanks for taking the time to do this blog I like it alot alot alot!

jen bryner said...

A NEW POST!!!! i've been waiting forever, checking every day! this is SO cute and easy, too :) woohoo! thanks for posting it, keep up the good work!

Nutmeg said...

Those are neat! I'll have to try that tomorrow for church!
Blessings,
Amy

Ali said...

Hi. I have a blogger, and I want people to start following it. Would you share it with others that follow your blogger? If you can't that is fine.
my blogger adress is
http://ali-crazyforfashion.blogspot.com/

thanks!

Melissa said...

Your Daughter is so patient lol good for her :) very creative luv it . Please feel free to visit my blog and follow my site offers tips and information for all moms all over. I would love more followers. I also have a recipe blog 2. check here. www.therealhousemommies.blogspot.com and www.lovelyreciepedelightsmore-melissa.blogspot.com
Thank you so much . I will follow and tell people about your site as well . take care :)

The Sparks said...

Yeah a new style! We'll add it to the list for this week. LOVE IT!

The Johnson's said...

I love doing hair-do's like that, but just for your information in our family my girls call them TUNNELS...lol

Valerie said...

I need someone to walk me through a "tuck under". My daughter is only 2 and so I'm a beginner. I love these and need help learning them!!

Jackie said...

Just found your blog...Love it! I tried this do on my daughter this morning and it was darling!