July 16, 2009

For the short & the long

My niece slept over again so once again, we got to show a SHORT hair do for today! I LOVE side ponies on little girlies, but when you have such short hair, it's hard to keep all that hair up in the pony tail & so it's not falling down all day. Here's a great way to keep that pony in place:
All you do on this are the tuck under knots. Part the hair on the side & go off the part for each section.
Make your way around the head, making the tuck under knots on the side of the head, spacing them out evenly.
On the other side, we just added 2.
Bring the hair from both sides into a side pony. We finished it with a half way pulled thru bun & added our cute bow.
Now you have a side pony that isn't your typical one.

For the LONGER version:
Start it out the exact way. But NO tuck under knots (her hair is starting to get too thick to do tuck under knots in a row with the entire hair so we skipped this step) Instead - add one pony, add the second, then braid the first & add it to the second.
Do one on the other side also. Because my girlie's hair is longer & thicker than the short hair style, I spaced them out farther - making it super fast for me. For the shorter hair, you want it closer together so no hair falls out each pony.
I braided the pony to end it & added our cute bow. This seriously took me less than 10 minutes on each girl. Try it out!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Cute! Both of them are darling. I have my hairstyle for today!

Matt and Amie said...

Hey Jessica! I just found this blog through a friend and I couldnt believe it when I saw it was you! How fun. You are amazing and your little girl couldnt be any cuter! Im excited to try these hair-do's on my little girl.

Chantilly Bowtique said...

We did this hairstyle today and had so many compliments. My little girl looked gorgeous if I do say so myself! lol. Love your blog!