June 17, 2009

going 4th of July style today...a star

Since the 4th is coming up in the next few weeks - thought it would be fun to do things they can wear for that day.

Start by parting the hair straight down the middle. About 1/3 of the way down go off the part down to the ear. This is what the top of the star goes off of.
I sectioned this into a triangle & clipped the rest of the hair back. What was in my triangle, we added to make the first part of the star. Make sure you don't have it going straight down but on an angle.
Now, the hair that was left out of the triangle is going to be added to the side of the star. So turn the puff braid so it is going toward the ear now & add the hair from the top of the head.
Section your next triangle, not going quite half way & start adding your next row of elastics, going toward the ear, once again. Once you get to the end, bring the 2 ends together into a pony tail.
Next, I parted the rest of the hair straight down the middle. With this, you have to make 2 more triangles to make the bottom part of the star. & bring them together into a pony tail just like the last pony tail.
Mirror on the other side.
Add some fun ribbons
Curl the pony tails that are left out.
& there you have your fun 4th of July style.

16 comments:

April said...

This is awesome! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Becki said...

Love it!!!!

Annika said...

Wow, that is one of the most creative hair do's I have ever seen! How long did this take you to do? You are so dang talented!

noel joy said...

this is fabulous!

Erin said...

Wow!! Impressive! That is really cute, It looks like your sweet little girl liked it! Thanks for sharing.

Ellie-Jayne Designs said...

Wow - what an impressive hairdo. I wonder if my thin, short-haired girl could pull this off! Certainly plan on trying!

Amanda Davis said...

my daughter can't wait for me to do this for the 4th of July!!! If I can get my 2 year old to stand it I will try hers too... we will probably end up doing the one just below this post on her though! Thanks for all your creativity and sharing it. We use your ideas a lot and get lots of comments but I always give you credit!!!

Heather said...

You are amazing!!! I love all of your ideas :)

CathyBB said...

WOW!!! =)

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for the 4th! Thank you!

The Montgomerys said...

I am always looking for great hair idea and this one is so far my fav!
Thanks!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Holy freakin' Moly!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SugarandSpice said...

Wow She's cute!

Sam and Josh said...

So adorable. I have three girls and I think after one I might not want to do another.

Olivia said...

That is so adorable! I love it!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

All-time favorite! You are so talented!

shandieleigh518 said...

this one is awesome but i cant imagine how long it took u to do ...and how long it took u to take out! haha